Money plant (Epipremnum aureum) is a most popular houseplant that can be easily grow in house and it require less maintenance. Money plant (Epipremnum aureum) have some common names golden pothos, ceylon creeper, hunter’s robe, ivy arum, house plant, money plant, silver vine, solomon islands ivy, marble queen and taro vine. In some place it is called devil’s vine or devil’s ivy because it is most impossible to kill and it stay green even when kept in the dark, it’s sometimes mistakenly labeled as a philodendron or pothos in the plant stores. By the way most of the people is known by money plant
How to plant money plant
Money plant can be easily grown in many places like in the pots container, indoors, outdoors, backyard, on the trrace, balcony or in kitchen garden. It is very beneficial for good health & wealth. Money plant can grow20m(66 ft) tall with stems up to 4 cm (2 in) in diameter. It is an evergreen vine it is leaves are heart-shaped. It can be plant in the soil and water-filled bottles, jars and any container.
Indoor Planting :- Money plant most of people plant in the indoor because it is help in house decore and it is good sign for health and wealth .In indoor golden pothos can reach more then 2 meters in height for best results place in indirect light area and don’t place to much long in direct sunlight because it burns the leaves. It require 17 and 30°c for well grown lives .It’s needs watering only when the soil feels dry you can add fertilizer in the seasson of spring and it should be replanted in every two years.
Propagation of money plant :- Money plant can be easily propagated it can be very easily grown from stem cuttings in water ,in a pot or soil if you want proper take care of money plant. If you are thinking about to grow the golden pothos in a pot show you can follow this process.
- If you are thinking grow in a pot so remember one thing the size of pot would be depends in money plant size
- Select a pot that help to preventing the money plant form falling off. The best size of small size pot is 6 inches for a homegrown houseplant. You can use ceramic ,clay or plastic pots or containers at home.
- This plants needs neutral soil with a ph range between 6 to 7.5. when the money plant reach certain height you can add more amount of potting mix soil that contains peat moss or perlite.
Preparation of pot:-
- Place a wood exactly in the middle of the pot
- Push the wood until it gets into the bottom and make it straight
- Make the soil harden to hold it
Note : – For this process you neeed 12inch pot.
Planting Time :- Money plant can be plant in any season or anytime.
Soil Requirement :- For well grow golden pothos you need a good soil. You can also use regular soil but as a best consultant we refer you choice those soil that allows good aeration and drainage.
Watering :- Money plant need daily proper watering but don’t overwatered it for long because consistent overwatering cause root rot and also kill the golden pothos. It don’t need much water during winter so don’t watering until unless the soil is not dry out. You can water once in every 2 to 3 weeks in winter and 7 to 10 days in summer season.
Light Requirements :- Important point for growing money plant in indoor is it is not super picky about lighting. We prefer you to grow your golden pothos in indirect sunlight and during the winter they will adept lower light so that why it call low light light houseplants
Note :- Don’t place to much long in direct sunlight because it burns the leaves.
Fertilizer & manure :- Money plant don’t need any kind of fertilizer but if you provide a liquid nitrate-based feed occasionally so it is not impact harm to the plant and you can use home made fertilizer that is made of kitchen waste.
Pruning & Repotting :- if you are thinking about the prune the golden pothos plant so that don’t think about that because without the prune it can grow very long if you are trying to maintain the size of the golden pothos plant so careful prune the golden pothos plant in each year so that it stays low to the trunk with a compact look. We tell you the some help full tip about the trimming the plant to give it bush like shape.
- Cut the tips for growing branches that prevent the money tree from growing very taller after the height that you actually want to you plant.
- Cut the unnecessary leaves and branches of plant to maintain the plant shape.
- First you have to remove the yellow or dead leaves and branches to maintain the plant healthy.
How to care Money Plant
- Repot you plant in every 2 to 3 year.
- Don’t over water in the winter seasons because it don’t require to much water in winter seasons.
- Raise the humidity levels when the plants looks dry by addubg mulches to it.
- Place plant where the indirect sunlight comes
- Don’t prone plant into extreme hot and cool climatic conditions.
- Transplant the money tree when it grow big
- If you want to plant in pot so you should have to verify the pot have drainage hole.
- Use well drained soil and watering time to time in summer session.